Great Lakes Beef Gelatin (454g)
- Brand: Great Lakes
- Product Code: GelGLBeef
- Availability: In Stock
Gelatin is renowned for its therapeutic properties, particularly gut healing and joint health. We stock three premier products from Great Lakes:
- Beef gelatin, which dissolves in hot, and sets solid
- Pork gelatin for those who cannot use beef
- Beef Collagen Hydrolysate, which dissolves in cold and is ideal for smoothies and protein shakes
What is a gelatin powder?
Gelatin powder is simply cooked collagen, reduced to a pure protein powder. This is the same type of protein you'll see when you make homemade bone broth—if you get enough collagen-rich bones and other parts in there, the broth will gel in the fridge.
"The Food of a Thousand Uses". Unflavored and unsweetened, 100% pure beef gelatin. Can be added to stocks to thicken, and will assist in the digestion of all foods. For use in any recipe calling for gelatin such as real fruit jellies or our cod liver oil chews. Or add to a hot drink.
- Sprinkle over room temperature liquid to swell and soften, then gently heat to dissolve.
- Or can be dissolved directly in boiling water
How are the cattle raised?
The cattle are grass fed and slaughtered in Argentina and Brazil which is controlled by their respective Departments of Agriculture. These countries have rigorous tests and inspections. Beef hides are the only product used to manufacture the beef gelatin.
What does it mean to be USDA approved?