Check out our ideas for Christmas menus and recipes - suitable for WAPF, Paleo, GAPS, SCD and other special diets.
Our products are not typically very Christmassy, but scroll down for a few ideas for gifts or ingredients for special foods.
Deb says: "If you have family doing GAPS or other special diets, they will love any
GAPS friendly foods they haven't had to make themselves. Gifts you can make:
- The recipes in the Xmas menu are mostly GAPS-legal, but remember that some people have their own special restrictions over and above the GAPS restrictions. These recipes are also suitable for the SCD, gluten free and in most cases dairy free diets.
- Spiced nuts from Elana's Pantry sound delicious. Even better if they are soaked and dried first, especially if they are for someone with compromised digestion.
- Gummy stars are lovely for a GAPS child or any child on a special diet. Just check with Mum that they are ok on honey, gelatin and lemon juice. That's all, just 3 ingredients.
- GAPS Gingerbread men or cookies make a nice gift - again just check the ingredients with Mum. Or my low carb version is here.
- Egg-free Paleo Macaroons from Elana's Pantry are also delicious, and could also be made with ginger or other spices
- I make the starch free Xmas cake recipe in star shaped or mini loaf tins and give them to lots of people as Xmas gifts. Wrap them up in red cellophane and tie with a green or gold ribbon.
- This Superfood Chocolate Bark looks fun, though isn't GAPS. I'd be inclined to replace the goji berries with other freeze dried berries, as goji are nightshades.
- For GAPsters, make fudge using creamed coconut and cocoa butter from the recipes on my blog instead. They can be topped with freeze dried berries as well."